BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Diet: (noun)

A way of living, or thinking, a day's journey.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Day one Vegan, 9 weeks till Show!

Today was a piece of cake to maintain my vegan diet... however! Keeping my eye on my macronutrient ratios while eating vegan was difficult.


This is what I ate today:

30 minutes after waking up: Green Juice (Collard Greens, Celery, Cucumber, Carrots and Kale).

Lunch: Garden Vegetable Soup from Paradise Bakery (so cool that they offer a Vegan soup!!)

Snack: Berry Flavor Vega powder with small handful of Almonds

Snack: Almonds

Dinner: 2 Vegan Black Bean patties with Raw (and homemade) Sauerkraut.

Dessert: Large jar of Green Juice

This meal plan would NOT fly with my old trainer!! No Way!!!

So this is where I really need to sit down and THINK about how I will need to arrange my food so that I am meeting my ratios for each meal. The Macronutrient Ratio plan is designed to slim the body down while help to build muscle in prep for the Show. So I feel I must keep to this plan... but do it Vegan style... Hmmmm....

Any suggestions would be GREAT!!!

HUGSS!!

7 comments:

Kristen's Raw said...

It'll be interesting to hear Robert Cheeke's perspective. When we were bodybuilding I don't remember an emphasis on micro nutrients, we focused on macro. What are the ratios you're trying to get, and of what, for micro?

G.I.F.T. said...

Macronutrients!! haha... sorry!!

meals 1-3: Protein 35 Carbs 30 Fat 8.5
meals 4-6: Protein 35 Carbs 5 Fat 8.5

Low Carb Day:
meals 1-5: Protein 24 Carbs 39 Fat 8
meal 6: Protein 24 Carbs 39 Fat 2

YES!! I can't wait to read Cheeke's book!! :)

Kristen's Raw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen's Raw said...

I had to add something so I deleted the last post and wrote it here...

Ah - you did write macro on the blog, but you wrote micro on my FB page ;) Both our bad! lol!

How about a tofu scramble with veggies for breakfast or a bowl of lentils for breakfast after you have your green juice (green juice is best on an empty stomach when possible).

You could make a home made vegan chili with beans, veggies, tofu (if desired).

Black beans and salsa for a meal is an idea.

With tofu, beans, lentils, etc... it's nice to take a digestive enzyme capsule to help facilitate digestion.

2 tablespoons of hemp seeds have 11 grams of protein, a nice snack instead of almonds sometimes.

Check out those Gardein chicken breasts - watch the sodium though since they're a "frozen packaged food."

Question: Will your trainer come back in the picture to help you prep for the competition 1-2 weeks out? Will he put you on special diets to water/carb deplete?

Love,
Kristen

G.I.F.T. said...

Thank you so much Kristen!!! you are so wonderful!! :]

I am going to WHole Foods to check out those Gardein products!! If I can't eat them during my 12 weeks, I know my girls can!! :]]

Yes I'm sure my trainer will check in on me... but I don't know for sure...

Thank you for all your input!!! I value all your knowledge! you're a great friend!!

HUGGSS!!!

TheFitnessFreak said...

You still have Paradise Bakeries there? I miss those!

So glad Kristen came through for you on awesome ideas! My only concerted effort to eat protein every day comes from my hemp protein powder or the brown rice protein powder. Other than those I'm much lower than I was before and I'll tell you what, I am none the weaker for it. I am able to lift just as heavy. I hope you find the sweet spot for yourself : )

Nicole

G.I.F.T. said...

Thank you Nicole!
So you use only Hemp and Brown Rice protein as your protein supplements? Do you just make protein smoothies post workouts?