BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Diet: (noun)

A way of living, or thinking, a day's journey.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Raw Vegan Meltdown

My camera phone can't do enough justice to show you the great results I am getting from my Raw Vegan meal plan... But know this! I am shedding the inches, feeling amazingly strong and have tremendous ENERGY!!!!

I woke up this morning feeling light and happy :) I wanted to get up so bad, then looked at the time and it was 3:30 am. I second guessed getting up and doing a little work before heading to the gym... but thought NAH!! Instead I put my 2 year old in the bed with us and snuggled with her for an hour then got up to get ready for the gym.
This morning I did Shoulders and 45 minutes of really good cardio.
Here is my workout:
10 Minute Warm - up on the Elliptical

Lateral Deltoid Raise
* Set 1 - 15lbs 12 reps
* Set 2 - 20lbs 8 reps
* Set 3 - 25lbs 8 reps
* Set 4 - 25lbs 8 reps
* Set 5 - 25lbs 8 reps

Standing Shoulder Press
* Set 1 - 20lbs 8 reps
* Set 2 - 20lbs 8 reps
* Set 3 - 25lbs 6 reps
* Set 4 - 25lbs 4 reps
* Set 5 - 20lbs 6 reps

Posterior Deltoid Fly
* Set 1 - 10lbs 12 reps
* Set 2 - 15lbs 12 reps
* Set 3 - 15lbs 12 reps
* Set 4 - 15lbs 12 reps
* Set 5 - 15lbs 12 reps

Seated Deltoid Flies
* Set 1 - 15lbs 12 reps
* Set 2 - 20lbs 12 reps ( My old trainer stopped me on after these two sets saying I was lifting too heavy and needed to focus on my form... so I took his advice and took it down to 10lbs and really FOCUSED on the muscle I was working)
* Set 3 - 10lbs 12 reps
* Set 4 - 10lbs 12 reps + pulses
* Set 5 - 10lbs 12 reps + pulses

Single Deltoid Raise (alternating arms)
* Set 1 - 15lbs 12 reps
* Set 2 - 10lbs 12 reps
* Set 3 - 10lbs 12 reps
* Set 4 - 15lbs 10 reps

20 Minute Max Interval Training on the Elliptical
25 Minutes Steady pace on the Treadmill keeping Heart Rate at 165 BPM

Post Workout:
* 2 Scoops Sun Warrior Protein
* 1 Scoop Raw Greens Powder
* 2 Tbs Hemp Protein Powder
* 1 Cup Coconut Milk

10 comments:

lolmos said...

AWESOME JOB!!!! You are looking INCREDIBLE. You are a lean, mean, fat-melting machine!!! Love ya girl!!!!! Goooooo Malynda!!

G.I.F.T. said...

Thank you Lara!!!!
My personal little cheerleader!!! I love it!! ha ha...
Love you Gorgeous!!!

HUGS!!!

Antigone said...

You look SO AMAZING! I originally found your videos on YouTube then followed over to your blog. I started working out and eating healthy in September and I've lost 33 pounds so far but I've stalled a bit so my next step is going to be starting P90x soon. I have a long way to go but I am super jazzed to start P90x.

Your blogs and videos and upbeat, kickass attitude have been SUCH an inspiration to me! Keep up the awesome work!

G.I.F.T. said...

Well welcome to my blog Antigone!!! So glad to have inspired you along the way :D
33 pounds lost since september!! That's amazing girl!!! Keep up the good work!! P90X is a great program! 90 days of INTENSITY!!! If you're ready for it, I will gladly stand by your side and Coach you through the program :))
KIT!!

Malynda

TheFitnessFreak said...

Oh my gosh Malynda! You had me nervous with that title!! Whew, I'm so glad you are finding your stride and loving vegan again : )

Nicole

G.I.F.T. said...

oh no!! ha ha ha... Nicole!!! now i can see where you would find that title a little nerve racking... sorry sweetie!!
No everything is going GREAT!!!
I feel amazing!!! and STRONG!!!

HUGS!

Kristen's Raw said...

Love that protein shake recipe. I hope you feel the effects of your shoulder workout tomorrow! Go Raw Vegan ShowGirl!!!!!

G.I.F.T. said...

I DO Kristen!!!!! I woke up and my shoulders were SORE!!! I love it!!!!!!!

<3

Kristen's Raw said...

Go Girl!!!! Keep it up! Feel the burn when you're lifting and go until those damn weights just about want to fall out of your hands (safely of course!). :)))))
Wish I were there cheering you on in the gym!

G.I.F.T. said...

I imagine you're there Kristen!!!! Dancing and cheering me on as I lift and LIFT!
Love you!!